Description of Handing Personal Information from Customers
1.Personal Information Protection Policy
I-ne Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) will act in accordance with the following policy with regard to handling personal information (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) of the customers so that customers can purchase and use the products and services of the Company (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Services”) at ease and with complete security.
2.Compliance with Laws and Regulations
For protection of Personal Information, the Company will comply with the Personal Information Protection Act, guidelines enforced by the relevant ministries and agencies, and other relevant laws/regulations and standards.
3.Acquisition of Personal Information
Except in cases where exceptional treatment is permitted by laws and regulations, the Company will obtain the Personal Information of customers from entries in their application forms and other documents and inputs on websites, and by orally communicating with them after prior clarification regarding the purpose of use of the information, or under the assumption that a notice or public announcement will be made promptly after the acquisition. Furthermore, when interacting with a customer on the phone or handling an e-mail message from a customer, the Company may obtain Personal Information of the customer by recording the telephone conversation or storing the e-mail messages in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. This is done in order to identify an order, opinion, demand, or enquiry from the customer and improve future Services. The Company will not request for any Personal Information from the customer beyond what is needed for the purposes of use.
The purposes of use of Personal Information that will be publicly announced in advance are as follows.
In cases where a customer has purchased company products, the Company may refer to the credit card company or any other financial institution to obtain the credit card number and other information related to the credit card, such as the name and other information about the customer, for the settlement of prices.
4.Management of Personal Information
To ensure accuracy and security of Personal Information, the Company will take reasonable measures against the risk of unauthorized access to, leakage or loss of, or damage or accident to Personal Information. To protect Personal Information of customers, the Company will appoint an official in charge of management of Personal Information, provide education on the importance of protection of Personal Information for employees, and endeavor to implement, maintain, and continuously improve protection of Personal Information in the best possible way. If the purposes of use of any Personal Information are achieved and the retention period prescribed by the governing law and regulations has already passed, the Company will promptly erase or delete the Personal Information.
5.Disclosing Personal Information to a Third Party
The Company will not disclose or offer any Personal Information to a third party other than contractors and business successors without the consent of the customer identifiable by the information.
However, Personal Information about a customer may be disclosed or offered to a third party only if:
- 1. such disclosure or offering is based on laws and regulations.
- 2. such disclosure or offering is necessary for protection of a human life, physical health, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person identifiable by the information.
- 3. such disclosure or offering is especially necessary for improvement of public health or promotion of sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person identifiable by the information.
- 4. the Company is required to cooperate with a government agency or local public body or a contractor thereof in the execution of its clerical duties prescribed by laws and regulations, and acquisition of the consent of the person identifiable by the information could pose an obstacle to the execution of those clerical duties.
- 5. the person identifiable by the information has consented to such disclosure or offering in advance.
- 6. such disclosure is necessary to achieve any of the purposes of use prescribed in Section 3 above, in which case, Personal Information is offered only to the extent necessary and only with respect to the necessary items as obtained in writing or in electronic form.
However, it should be noted that in such a case, the customer may lose the opportunity to receive the various kinds of services offered by the Company.
6. External Consignment of Personal Information
In sales and purchase order handling activities, bills-collection related activities, marketing activities, and other relevant activities in relation to the Company’s products, the Company may commission all or part of the handling of Personal Information to a third party to the extent necessary for the purposes of use in order to provide better Services to customers. In such a case, the Company will select a competent business operator to handle Personal Information with care. The Company will provide for security management measures, confidentiality, subcontracting conditions, and other matters related to handling of Personal Information in the commissioning contract with the business operator and direct and supervise the business operator so that full attention is accorded to management of Personal Information.
7. Disclosure, Correction, and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
Upon request of a customer for disclosure of his/her own Personal Information, the Company will promptly respond to such a request in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations after identity verification, unless the Company has any special reason for refusal. Furthermore, upon a customer’s request for correction, deletion, suspension of use, suspension of offering Personal Information to third parties or any other handling, the Company will promptly respond to such a request in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations after identity verification. However, it should be noted that, even if requested by a person identifiable by the Personal Information to disclose and correct, delete, suspend use of, or suspend offering Personal Information to third parties, the Company may refrain from disclosing all or part thereof if:
- 1. such disclosure could impair life, physical health, property, or any other right or interest of the person identifiable by the Personal Information or a third party;
- 2. such disclosure could pose a significant obstacle to appropriate implementation of the activities of the Company;
- 3. such disclosure would constitute a breach of laws and regulations other than the Personal Information Protection Act;
- 4. the requesting person’s identity is unverifiable, for example, due to inconsistency between the name, address, or any other information stated in the request form and the information stated in the identity verification document;
- 5. the request is made by an agent whose authority cannot be confirmed; or
- 6. there is any inadequacy in the documents and materials necessary for the procedures set forth below.
I-ne Co., Ltd.
Shinsaibashi Fuji Bldg. 8F
3-12-22, Minamisemba, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka
Business hours for phone calls: 11:00 through 17:00 (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, year-end and new year holidays, summer holidays, and other Company holidays)
* If the line is busy, please use the following e-mail form:
It should be noted that the Company will not accept any enquiry or complaint made by a customer visiting its office.
(1) Contact the reception desk.
(2) According to the nature of the request, the Company will notify you with a request form and necessary documents.
(3) Send the request form and necessary documents to the address of the reception desk. If you wish to receive a written response, enclose a reply envelope (attached with 822 yen worth postal stamps).
8. Exemption from Liability
The Company is not liable for any unauthorized use of Personal Information not resulting from fault of the Company; for example, in case of any false information provided or if Personal Information of any other person is registered and used by the customer.
9. Revision to This Policy
The Company may revise all or part of this policy without prior notice to, and consent from, customers.
Any material change will be announced on its website.
Established on February 9, 2015
Revised on May 16, 2017
I-ne Co., Ltd.
Shinsaibashi Fuji Bldg., 3-12-22, Minamisemba, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka, 542-0081, Japan